Find the Cheapest Pet Insurance Quotes in Your Area
If your pet is injured in an accident or has an expensive illness, pet health insurance can help you foot the vet bill. Several companies offer these plans, and we like Embrace because of its dedication and empathic approach to pet insurance and pet owners.
- Embrace covers any treatment plan your veterinarian suggests. So long as your veterinarian deems treatment necessary for your pet's health, Embrace will likely reimburse you for it. This typically includes diagnostics, lab tests, surgeries, hospital fees, follow-up care or rehabilitation.
- Customer service is excellent. Embrace's customer service gets rave reviews from other pet parents, and our calls have always been handled very knowledgeably.
- The deductible gradually decreases. The deductible on your pet insurance policy drops by $50 every year that you don't have any claims reimbursed.
- The premiums are high. While Embrace's coverage is generous, the premiums you pay each month reflect that.
- Special note In New York, prescription medicine care is a separate addition on top of your monthly premium.
Embrace pet insurance policy and discounts
Embrace has one standard plan that you can customize based on your budget and your pet's needs. Deductibles range from $200 to $1,000 while reimbursement ranges from 70% to 90%. Annual maximums vary by region and your method of purchase:
|$30,000||All states except New York|
|Unlimited||Available in most states through enrollment over the phone|
Here are some examples of the veterinary benefits Embrace will cover as part of your pet insurance plan:
- Doctor and nurse exam fees
- Laboratory tests and biopsies
- Hospitalization and surgery
- MRI scans, CT scans, X-rays and ultrasounds
- General medicine and specialists
- Emergency care
- Allergy testing.
- Alternative treatments, including acupuncture, chiropractic, physical therapy (including hydrotherapy), laparoscopies and laser surgery
Embrace's standard pet insurance plans do not cover:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Cosmetic or elective operations
- Deliberate injuries
- Cremation or burial
- DNA testing or cloning
- Organ transplants
- Avian flu
- Breeding or pregnancy.
But if you participate in Wellness Rewards, then DNA testing and cremation or burial costs would be covered.
Embrace discounts and promotions
|Spay and neuter||5% (only available in NY): Embrace gives pet parents discounts when a covered pet has been spayed or neutered|
|Multiple pets insured||10% in most states (5% in NY): Applied to each pet when multiple pets are covered on a policy|
|Active military||5%: Active military and their spouses or partners|
|Annual payment||5% (only available in NY): for lump-sum payments|
Embrace Pet Insurance was started in 2003 by Laura Bennett and Alex Krooglik, with its first policy sold in 2006. Embrace's pet health insurance plans are underwritten by American Modern Home Insurance Company (A.M. Best rating of A+) and American Southern Home Insurance Company in Florida (A.M. Best rating of A+).