Find the Cheapest Pet Insurance Quotes in Your Area
Embrace Pet Insurance Reviews
We like Embrace here at ValuePenguin for their dedication and empathic approach to pet insurance and pet owners.
- We like that Embrace will cover any treatment plan your veterinarian suggests. So long as your veterinarian deems that it is needed for your pet's health, Embrace will likely reimburse you for it. This can include diagnostics, lab tests, surgery doctor, nursing, hospital fees, follow-up care, or rehabilitation
- Embrace’s customer service gets rave reviews from other pet parents, and our calls have always been handled very knowledgeably
- Healthy Pet Deductible: this seems to be a relatively new and unique feature to Embrace. The deductible on your pet insurance policy drops by $50 every year that you don’t have any claims reimbursed
- Prescription medicine care is a separate addition on top of your monthly premium
- While the coverage can be generous and the peace of mind great, the premiums you pay each month reflect that
Embrace Pet Insurance Policy & Discounts
Embrace has one standard plan of core veterinary benefit benefits, with different coverage levels that you can choose based on your pet’s needs and budget considerations: annual maximums ($5,000, $10,000, or $15,000), annual deductibles ($100, $200, $300, $500, and $1,000), and reimbursement (65%, 80%, and 90%) to choose from.
Embrace Pet Insurance
|Core Policy - Maximum Option 1||$5,000|
|Core Policy - Maximum Option 2||$10,000|
|Core Policy - Maximum Option 3||$15,000|
Here are some examples of the veterinary benefits that Embrace will cover as part of your pet insurance plan: Doctor and Nurse Exam Fees, Laboratory Tests and Biopsies, Hospitalization and Surgery, MRI and CT scans, X-rays, Ultrasound, General, Specialist, and Emergency Care, Allergy Testing, and Alternative Treatments, including Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Holistic Medicine, Physical Therapy incl. Hydrotherapy, Laparoscopies, and Laser Surgery.
In addition to the usual pre-existing conditions, Embrace’s pet insurance plans do not cover cosmetic or elective operations, deliberate injury, cremation or burial, DNA testing or cloning, organ transplants, avian flu, and breeding or pregnancy.
Embrace Discounts & Promotions
|Spay & Neuter||5%: Embrace gives pet parents discounts when a covered pet has been spayed or neutered|
|Multiple Pets Insured||5%: Applied to each pet when multiple pets are covered on a policy|
|Active Military||5%: Active military and their spouses or partners|
|Annual Payment||5% for lump sum payments|
|PennHIP||5%: PennHIP’s program checks for canine hip dysplasia. Dog must meet Embrace’s bilateral score cutoff|
Related tools and articles:
Embrace Pet Insurance was started in 2003 by Laura Bennett and Alex Krooglik, with its first policy sold in 2006. Embrace’s pet health insurance plans are underwritten by American Modern Home Insurance Company (AM Best rating of A+ as of November 2012) and American Southern Home Insurance Company in Florida (AM Best rating of A+ as of November 2012).
Information, discounts, and review current as of June 2013