Progressive offers the cheapest motorcycle insurance quotes in Oklahoma, according to a ValuePenguin analysis. Rates from Progressive average at $557 per year, making it 27% cheaper than the state average, which is $767 per year.
Compare Motorcycle Quotes in Oklahoma
Motorcycle insurance can help protect you from major financial setbacks if you're deemed to be at fault in an accident. ValuePenguin collected dozens of quotes from across the state to help Sooner State residents select the insurer that is right for them.
Best motorcycle insurance for most people: Progressive
Progressive boasts the lowest motorcycle insurance quotes in the state.
While the average cost of motorcycle insurance is $767 per month on average, Progressive charges $210 less — just $557 per month.
Progressive also has fewer complaints than would be expected, given its size, according to data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
An added benefit is that Progressive also offers many discount opportunities to motorcycle insurance policyholders, enabling them to get their rates down even further. Progressive policyholders can get discounts for the following:
- Being a member of certain associations
- Getting a valid motorcycle license or adding motorcycle insurance to your driver's license
- Bundling multiple forms of insurance together
- Asking for a quote more than one day before your policy starts
- Transferring from another insurance company to Progressive
- Taking a safety course
- Avoiding violations or accidents for at least three years
- Paying for your entire policy up front
- Consistently making payments on time
- Using autopay for your bill
Progressive also stands out for the many coverages it offers customers. The company automatically includes the following endorsements with its motorcycle policies:
- Full replacement cost, with no depreciation for parts
- Coverage for accessories and custom parts, with up to $3,000 included and up to $30,000 available for purchase
- OEM parts, which guarantees that Progressive will only do repairs with equipment made by the manufacturer
Additionally, customers can add the following coverages on to their policy:
- Enhanced injury protection, which pays up to $250 for every week for two years if you're injured and prevented from working and $25,000 to your beneficiaries if you get in a fatal accident
- Carried contents, which pays for loss, damage or theft to any belongings you carry on your motorcycle
- Roadside assistance and trip interruption, which covers the cost of a hotel, food and alternate transportation if an accident leaves you stranded away from home, as well as free towing to the nearest repair shop
- Total loss coverage, provided your motorcycle is less than two years old
Best customer service: Allstate
Like Progressive, Allstate offers rates that are cheaper than the state average. A policy from Allstate in Oklahoma costs $715 per year on average, making it $52 cheaper than the state average.
However, Allstate really stands out for its exceptional customer service. The NAIC, which collates consumer complaints about auto and motorcycle insurance, gave it a 0.63 on its Complaint Index. This means that Allstate received about a third fewer complaints than would be expected, given its size.
Allstate also offers rental reimbursement coverage — a helpful add-on for daily riders, who are guaranteed a replacement vehicle while their own motorcycle receives repairs. It also allows policyholders to get discounts for having safety features installed in their bike, such as a recovery device and antilock brakes.
Best for military families: USAA
USAA partners with Progressive to sell motorcycle insurance policies, offering military members and eligible family members a 5% discount on motorcycle insurance. This discount, combined with Progressive's other discount opportunities, can generate exceptional deals for eligible shoppers.
USAA also receives fewer complaints than average, according to the NAIC Complaint Index, so you can count on the company to provide reliable service when you get in an accident. Policyholders will have access to Progressive's extensive list of add-on coverages — an added perk for those who want to protect their motorcycle beyond what standard coverages offer.
Best-rated Oklahoma motorcycle insurers
Allstate had the best customer service reputation of the insurers we looked at, while Dairyland had the worst. Dairyland received more than double the complaints than would be expected for its size, while Allstate received about one-third fewer.
Be aware that the NAIC combines car and motorcycle insurance complaint data into a single category for its Complaint Index. The scores you see reflect the company's rates of complaints for both motorcycle and car insurance service.
Financial stability is also a key factor in assessing an insurer's customer service reputation, since a financially unstable insurer may not be able to pay out a claim when you need them to. Fortunately, all the insurers in our study received an A+ or A++ Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best, meaning that they have a "superior" ability to pay out claims.
Cheapest motorcycle insurance companies in Oklahoma
ValuePenguin's analysis of motorcycle insurance quotes from across Oklahoma identified Progressive as the cheapest insurer overall. By contrast, Dairyland had the highest rates, charging 41% more than the Oklahoma state average.
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Quotes in North Dakota
Average annual rate
Oklahoma motorcycle insurance cost by city
Insurers factor in your location when setting your insurance rates, as your location significantly determines your risk. High crime rates and traffic increase your likelihood of needing to make a comprehensive and collision claim.
Of the Oklahoma cities we looked at, Durant had the cheapest rates, at $638 per year, while Broken Arrow had the highest rates, at $898 per year.
Difference from statewide average
Oklahoma motorcycle insurance requirements
Oklahoma law does not require motorcycle riders to carry insurance. If they prefer to, they can make a deposit of $75,000 to the state Department of Public Safety or purchase a surety bond.
However, purchasing insurance is often the more affordable choice. The minimum coverages you must have on an Oklahoma insurance are:
|Bodily injury liability coverage||$25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident|
|Property damage liability insurance||$25,000 per accident|
ValuePenguin urges riders to get higher coverage than the state minimum. Purchasing collision and comprehensive coverage will protect your own vehicle in an accident, while increasing your liability limits will help you better manage costs resulting from an accident where you're at fault.
ValuePenguin gathered motorcycle insurance rate data from four major insurance companies: Progressive, Allstate, Geico and Dairyland. Our sample rider is 45 years old and rides a 2021 Harley-Davidson Street Glide, which he protects with the following coverages:
- Bodily injury liability: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $50,000
- Collision: Included/$500 deductible
- Comprehensive: Included/$500 deductible
- All other coverages: Not included unless legally required