Find the Cheapest Pet Insurance Quotes in Your Area
Pet insurance can help you cover high vet bills associated with accidents or illnesses. We've checked out ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to help you decide whether it's the right fit for you.
- Policies are customizable. ASPCA offers two policies to fit varying budgets. Pet owners can choose from different annual limits, deductibles and reimbursement rates.
- Covers special costs. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance is one of the few pet insurance companies that will cover a cat or dog's behavioral issues and end-of-life expenses.
- There's a waiting period. Policies have a 14-day waiting period before owners can use the coverage for accidents, illnesses and knee ligament injuries. If a knee or ligament condition occurs before the policy goes into effect or during a waiting period, any future ailments associated with this injury won't be covered.
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered. However, this is common among pet insurance companies.
Policy and discounts
With ASPCA Pet Health Insurance, you can choose from two levels of coverage and select the annual limit, deductible, and copay/reimbursement rate that works for your budget.
This is ValuePenguin's pick for Best Budget-Friendly Plan among the pet insurance policies we reviewed.
You can choose to add preventive coverage to this policy, which will cover additional care, though this comes at an additional cost. Reimbursements for preventive coverage are based on a schedule determined by the insurer.
At this level, ASPCA Pet Health Insurance gives you more benefits, such as coverage for:
- Hereditary and congenital diseases
- Alternative therapies
- Behavioral treatments
You'll also have the option of adding preventive coverage.
Discounts and promotions
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance offers a discount of up to 10% for owners who insure multiple pets on the base plan premium, excluding Level 1.
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has a strategic licensing arrangement with the C&F Insurance Agency, Inc. to provide pet insurance for pet parents in the United States. Its veterinary insurance policies are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company and administered by C&F Insurance Agency, Inc., which was founded in 1997.
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance previously offered a set of policies, referred to as Levels 1-4, which had a different set of limits and method of reimbursement. These policies are no longer offered by the company, but those terms would continue to apply for existing policyholders.