Find the Cheapest Pet Insurance Quotes in Your Area
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Reviews
Here are some pros and cons from ValuePenguin to consider if you’re thinking about buying pet insurance from ASPCA Pet Health Insurance. We’ll then get into more details plan by plan since they offer different levels of coverage.
- Two customizable policies with differing price points for varying budgets: you can change annual limits, deductibles and reimbursement rates
- ASPCA Pet Health Insurance is one of the few pet insurance companies that will actually cover a cat or dog’s behavioral issues
- Covers end-of-life expenses, from cremation to burial, that most plans usually don’t provide
- Policies have a 14 day waiting period before coverage is provided for certain accidents, illnesses, and knee ligament injuries. If a knee or ligament condition occurs before the policy goes into effect or during a waiting period, any future ones won’t be covered.
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered, though this is common among pet insurance companies.
Policy & Discounts
Through ASPCA Pet Health Insurance, you can purchase two different levels of veterinary coverage for your companion animal. Each pet insurance plan has different annual limits, deductibles, and co-pays / reimbursement rates that you can pick from for a more customized fit for your furry family.
This is ValuePenguin’s pick for Best Budget-Conscious Plan among the pet insurance plans we reviewed. This plan will cover your pets’ unexpected accidents and on-going conditions. There’s coverage for accidents such as broken bones, swallowed objects, car accidents, and poison ingestions. Treatments that will get reimbursed include diagnostic procedures, lab tests, x-rays / various imaging scans, surgeries, hospital stays, prescription medications, veterinary office exams, etc. Any pet over the age of 8 weeks is eligible to be enrolled, regardless of age or health. No illnesses, however, get covered.
You can opt-in to add preventive coverage to this policy, which will cover additional care, though this comes at an additional cost. Reimbursements for preventive coverage are based on a schedule determined by the insurer.
At this level, ASPCA Pet Health Insurance gives you more benefits, such as coverage for:
- Hereditary & congenital diseases
- Alternative therapies, plus the behavioral treatments we mentioned above
You’ll also have the option of adding on preventive coverage.
Discounts & Promotions
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance offers discounts for multiple pets of up to 10% on the base plan premium, excluding Level 1.
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has a strategic licensing arrangement with the C&F Insurance Agency, Inc. to provide pet insurance for pet parents in the United States. Its veterinary insurance policies are underwritten by the the United States Fire Insurance Company and administered by C&F Insurance Agency, Inc., which was founded in 1997.
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance previously offered a set of policies, referred to as Levels 1-4, which had a different set of limits and method of reimbursement. These policies are no longer offered by the company, but those terms would continue to apply for existing policyholders.
Related tools and articles: