The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is a must-have for anyone seeking elite status with Hyatt. Cardholders start out with automatic Discoverist status, then move up to higher levels based on their spending. This credit card comes with one free hotel night each year and the opportunity to earn an additional free night. Plus, you'll earn up to 9X points on your credit card charges that you can use for even more free hotel stays.
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card review: Path to 2 free hotel nights yearly
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
15.99% - 22.99% Variable
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total within 6 months of account opening.
- Free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status and 5 qualifying night credits every year as long as your account is open
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
Automatic elite status
One of the benefits of having the right hotel credit card is receiving automatic elite status. The World Of Hyatt Credit Card from Chase jump-starts your hotel elite status by providing Discoverist status if you’re approved. Discoverist status includes the following benefits when staying at participating hotels and resorts:
- Preferred room based on availability at check-in
- Expedited check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Late checkout until 2 p.m. upon request and based on availability
- Waived resort fees on free night awards
- Earn 10% bonus points on all eligible purchases
- Free premium internet where available
- Daily bottle of water
- Complimentary breakfast at participating Hyatt Place hotels
- Receive Pearl status with M life Rewards, which is MGM’s loyalty program
- Complimentary continental breakfast at participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Earn milestone awards based on qualifying activity
You'll also receive five qualifying night credits each year to help you move your elite status up a notch. Big spenders will like the option to earn two additional qualifying night credits toward the next tier for every $5,000 they spend on the credit card. There is no limit to the number of additional qualifying credits you can earn, so big spenders could earn top-tier World of Hyatt elite status without paying cash for a room. These are the requirements to achieve each level of elite status with World of Hyatt:
|Membership Level||Qualifying Nights||Base Points||Qualifying Meetings/Events|
|Member||N/A||Join for free||N/A|
Automatic free night each year
When you renew your The World Of Hyatt Credit Card each year for $95, you'll receive one free hotel night. This free night can be used at any of the Category 1-4 Hyatt hotels or resorts around the world. Category 4 hotels have a point redemption value of 15,000 points per night for a standard room. There are more than 130 Category 4 hotels around the world. Here are some Category 4 hotels that are popular with travelers:
- Thompson Chicago
- Andaz Savannah
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
Option to earn another free night based on spending
You have the opportunity to earn another free Category 1-4 night based on your spending. When you spend $15,000 within the 12 months of your cardmember anniversary, you'll receive another free hotel night. To meet the $15,000 hurdle, you'll need to average $1,250 spent on the card every month. With normal monthly expenses such as groceries, dining out, gas and utilities, earning your second free night is very doable. Savvy travelers book back-to-back hotel nights with the two Category 1-4 certificates to enjoy a weekend getaway or mini-vacation. If you are looking for a longer vacation, you can pair the free night certificates with additional reservations booked using World of Hyatt points or your credit card. For reservations booked with cash, save money by using the free night certificates for the more expensive nights and pay cash for the lower-priced rooms.
Limited time offer around the coronavirus
Between July 8 and Oct. 8, World Hyatt members will receive 15% of their points back as bonus points when they redeem points for free night stays and more. World of Hyatt cardmembers will receive an additional 10% of their points back for a a total of 25% bonus points for redeeming points. Hyatt has also extended its free parking benefit to all members through Oct. 8, and is offering triple points on dine-in, takeout or delivery from a participating Hyatt restaurant, when not staying the night.
New accounts receive up to 50,000 bonus points
When you apply for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, you are offered the following sign-up bonus: Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.. Then, you can earn an additional 25,000 points if you spend a combined $6,000 in the first six months.
Free hotel nights start at just 5,000 points a night. That means that your bonus is worth up to 10 free hotel nights. Hyatt has almost 250 Category 1 hotels from which you can choose. Some of the great Category 1 deals available for only 5,000 points a night include:
- Hyatt Place North Charleston
- Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
- Hyatt Place Shenzhen Dongmen (China)
- Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit
Your points will post to your account within eight weeks of qualifying for this promotional offer. If you are a current cardmember of any Hyatt credit card or have received a new cardmember bonus from any Hyatt card in the past 24 months, you are not eligible for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card.
Earn up to 9X points every day
Racking up bunches of World of Hyatt points is easy with this credit card. You'll Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member. With Category 1 hotel rooms starting at just 5,000 points, you could be able to redeem free nights in a hurry:
- Hyatt stays and experiences earn 9X points (4X with the card and 5X as a member)
- Transit and commuting earn 2X points
- Dining earns 2X points
- Tickets purchased directly from the airline earn 2x points
- Fitness clubs and gym memberships earn 2X points
- Everything else receives one point per dollar
The points that you earn from the sign-up bonus will not expire as long as your credit card remains open. If you close your credit card, you will lose any points that you've earned if you don't have qualifying activity on your account at least once every 24 months. Even if you close your credit card, there are several ways that you can keep your account active. Examples of these options include staying at a Hyatt hotel, redeeming points for completed stays and purchasing points.
No foreign transaction fees
Almost half of Hyatt’s 1,200-plus hotels and resorts are outside of the U.S. To maximize the World of Hyatt loyalty program, you might travel internationally. With The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, you’ll pay a $0 foreign transaction fee when making purchases internationally. Some banks charge up to 3% for foreign transaction fees, so this benefit can really add up during your trip.
ValuePenguin's verdict: Great benefits at a reasonable cost
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card offers great benefits for travelers who plan to stay at Hyatt hotels and resorts. You’re automatically awarded elite status at the Discoverist level if you’re approved. This status provides complimentary premium internet, late checkout, waived resort fees on free night awards and much more. And your path to higher levels of elite status is quicker with five night credits on your anniversary and two additional night credits for every $5,000 you spend. Every year, you’ll receive one free Category 1-4 hotel night when you renew your card. Plus, you can earn another free night based on your spending. When using the card, you earn 9X points at Hyatt hotels and 2X points for dining, fitness, airfare and transportation charges. The World Of Hyatt Credit Card makes it easy to earn additional free nights for your upcoming vacation for a reasonable $95 annual fee.
Alternatives to The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card offers great benefits for travelers staying at Hyatt hotels and resorts. Hyatt has been expanding its footprint with the recent additions of Joie de Vivre hotels and Thompson Hotels, but it still only has about 1,200 hotels around the world. For many travelers, Hyatt just doesn't have the global coverage that they need. For this reason, you may be better off with a different travel or hotel credit card.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers an unlimited 2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day. And all of the miles that you earn can be redeemed for flights, hotels and other travel expenses without restrictions or blackout dates. The rewards are simple. Book your reservations, then "erase" the purchases with rewards up to 90 days after your transaction posts to your credit card. Your miles can also be transferred to one of 15 airline transfer partners for even more value. Cardholders can skip the lines at airport security with Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee reimbursement. The following is available to new cardholders: 50,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers an annual fee of $0 intro for first year; $95 after that. This gives cardholders an opportunity to try out the features for 12 months before paying to keep the card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is an excellent flexible points credit card. Cardholders earn valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards points: 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. The points can be redeemed for cash and gift cards. But the real value comes when transferring to 10 airline and three hotel partners, or earning 25% extra value when booking travel through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal. Chase is offering a valuable sign-up bonus for new cardholders: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. With the 25% bonus value, these points are worth $750 when you book flights, hotels, cruises and other travel reservations. Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card charges a $95 annual fee, which is not waived the first year.
Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card
Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card
15.99% - 22.99% Variable
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from CHASE® with no annual fee!
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 3X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains).
- 1X point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, qualifying you for Silver Elite Status. Restrictions apply.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
If Hyatt's footprint isn't large enough but you still want automatic elite status and other perks, the $0-annual-fee Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card is a perfect choice. Cardholders automatically receive Marriott Bonvoy Silver status plus 15 elite night credits toward higher membership tiers. You'll earn 3X points at Marriott Bonvoy hotels and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus 1X point per dollar everywhere else. As you travel internationally, you'll save money with the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card because there are no foreign transaction fees. The points you earn do not expire as long as you make one purchase every 24 months. And there are numerous other travel and shopping benefits that make this credit card a no-brainer. Examples of these benefits include baggage delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip delay reimbursement and purchase protection.