Jump to: Full review
- Sign-up bonus: 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $7,500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earning rate: 9x points total for Hyatt stays and experiences. 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent with your card at Hyatt hotels, participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World, participating Exhale locations, and eligible Lindblad Expeditions. Plus, 5 Base points from Hyatt per eligible $1 spent just for being a World of Hyatt member. 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/22, then your top two categories each quarter. See terms for details.
- Annual fee: $199
- APR: 15.99% - 22.99% Variable
- $100 in Hyatt credits each anniversary year: Spend $50 or more at any Hyatt property and earn $50 statement credits up to two times each anniversary year.
- Elite status boost: With this card, you’ll earn automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist status, as well as the ability to gift up to five employees with Discoverist status. Earn 5 Tier-qualifying night credits with each $10,000 in spend on the card in a calendar year.
Is the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card worth it?
For small businesses looking for a valuable of hotel rewards card — especially those already loyal to Hyatt — the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is worth a close look.
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is breaking new ground as Hyatt's first-ever business card. It features an adaptive rewards accelerator, which allows cardholders to automatically earn double the points in the top three categories they spend the most in (until Dec. 31, 2022, then you earn double points in your top two categories each quarter). This can help small businesses looking to earn Hyatt elite status and rewards by helping to earn elite nights quickly.
While this card does come with noteworthy benefits, including automatic Discoverist status and the ability to gift Discoverist status to up to five employees, it also lacks key benefits that come with the non-business World of Hyatt Credit Card:
- The anniversary free night certificate
- Complimentary World of Hyatt elite nights (instead, its elite night credits come with a spending requirement)
Furthermore, Hyatt enthusiasts looking for a bit more flexibility may be better off using a Chase business card that earns Chase Ultimate Rewards®, like the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card, and then transferring those rewards to Hyatt instead.
Who is the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card best for?
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is best for small business owners who appreciate Hyatt-specific perks and are looking to achieve elite status with the hotel chain. The card's rewards structure is such that it allows cardmembers to earn at an accelerated rate in their top spending categories — this can help expedite the path to earning elite status, free nights, room and suite upgrades and other valuable rewards.
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card offers a massive sign-up bonus for new cardmembers:
Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $7,500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
This is enough to redeem for up to 15 free nights at a category 1 Hyatt hotel or two free nights at a category 7 Hyatt hotel or resort.
How easy are Hyatt points to redeem? See our redemption section below
What's it worth? Around $1,275 in Hyatt hotel stays, according to our valuations.
Who's eligible to earn this bonus? Chase cardmembers who have or have previously had a Chase rewards credit card associated with this offer might not be eligible for another Chase credit card in this rewards program. Other Chase cardholders who are currently receiving promotions, or those who have a history of using their Chase card exclusively for promotional offers, are not eligible for a second Chase card that offers promotions.
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card features an adaptive rewards structure that can help accelerate your earnings:
You earn 9x points total for Hyatt stays and experiences. 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent with your card at Hyatt hotels, participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World, participating Exhale locations, and eligible Lindblad Expeditions. Plus, 5 Base points from Hyatt per eligible $1 spent just for being a World of Hyatt member. 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/22, then your top two categories each quarter. See terms for details.
Eligible 2-point bonus categories include the following:
- Airline tickets (purchased directly with the airline)
- Local transit and commuting
- Social media and search engine advertising
- Car rental agencies
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable and phone services
With no cap on how many Bonus Points you can earn, the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card could be extremely lucrative.
How much are Hyatt points worth?
We currently value Hyatt points at 1.7 cents per point on average. Many hotel rewards programs' points aren’t quite as valuable, which makes it challenging to earn enough points for a free night. Hyatt points, however, offer a high value that makes redeeming your rewards more accessible.
Even Hyatt's lowest tier, the standard room category, can get you free nights at some very nice hotels for a relatively low amount of points.
World of Hyatt Bonus Points are very valuable, compared to hotel programs at large — and it's easy to find good uses for them, starting at a low number of points.
Points are redeemable for free nights at Hyatt properties and room upgrades, and can be used in tandem with cash to book a room, standard or premium suite. You also have the option to redeem your points for dining, spa, Avis rental cars, exclusive experiences, Lindblad expeditions, Exhale (a collection of fitness and wellness activities), meetings and events. In addition, you’re also able to share and gift your points to other World of Hyatt members, or transfer your points to Hyatt's 25-plus airline partners.
To earn a free award night with Hyatt, you'll need at least 5,000 Hyatt Bonus Points.
Luckily, redeeming your points for hotel stays is exceedingly easy: You simply type in the search box where in the world you want to go and select "Use Points" to find available properties. You can use your points to book a wide variety of room types, and booking within the first several tiers of their award chart (below) can grant you even more value per point.
World of Hyatt Discoverist status for you and five employees
With the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card, you'll get complimentary Discoverist status, which typically requires 10 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Base Points. Cardholders can also gift this status to five employees.
Discoverist status gives World of Hyatt members access to the following benefits:
- 10% Bonus Points when earning points on Hyatt purchases
- Premium in-room internet
- 2 p.m. late check-out upon request where available
- Free nights
- Member rates
- Resort fees waived on free night awards
- 10 Base Points per eligible $1 USD spent at Exhale
- Pearl M life Rewards Status Tier Match
- Bottled water
- Preferred room upgrade within type booked based
- Elite check-in
- American Airlines AAdvantage® Bonus
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World Benefits
In addition, for every $10K spent annually, you'll earn five tier qualifying night credits toward Explorist or Globalist status and Milestone Rewards. World of Hyatt has also reduced its elite status criteria for 2021, allowing members to earn top tier Globalist status with $60,000 in spend on the card now through Dec. 31, 2021.
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card members have access to Hyatt Leverage, Hyatt's business travel program. Hyatt Leverage offers exclusive rates to qualifying small and mid-size businesses at participating global Hyatt hotels.
Hyatt Leverage offers its small business clientele a convenient booking platform through Hyatt.com and Hyatt Reservation Centers, along with a useful administrator portal which helps you track travel information, room expenses and trips all in one place.
Travel insurance and purchase protections
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card comes with a number of valuable travel and purchase protections:
- Complimentary roadside dispatch
- Primary rental car collision damage waiver
- Extended warranty protection
- Purchase protection
- Trip cancellation/travel interruption insurance
- Travel and emergency assistance services
Cardmembers who apply by Dec. 31, 2021, can receive a complimentary one-year Headspace subscription (valued at $69.99 per year). Your Headspace subscription must be redeemed by Dec. 31, 2022. Headspace can help you find inner peace through meditation and daily mindfulness.
For small business owners with interests abroad, it's essential that your business credit card doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees. The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card can help you avoid being charged an additional 3% on your international purchases.
- High annual fee: The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card charges a high annual fee of $199. The $100 in Hyatt credits each anniversary year does help to offset the annual fee, bringing the total cost down to $99. However, for those who are fee averse, you may want to consider a business card that doesn't charge an annual fee, like the Ink Business Cash® Credit Card.
- No anniversary free night certificate: Unfortunately, the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card doesn't offer an annual free night certificate. The World of Hyatt Credit Card (the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card’s consumer equivalent) does, however, offer an anniversary free night and also gives members automatic Discoverist status, if you're debating which Hyatt card to get.
- No complimentary World of Hyatt elite nights: Another benefit commonly included with business credit cards, but is missing the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card, is complimentary World of Hyatt elite nights. This card does allow you to earn qualifying elite nights, though there is a spending requirement. With the personal Hyatt Credit Card, you’ll be automatically awarded free elite night credits each year.
What credit score is needed for the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card?
A credit score of Excellent/Good (a score starting at 660) is needed for the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card.
How does the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card compare to competitors?
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card vs. World of Hyatt Credit Card
Verdict: More bang for your buck than the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
While the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card offers a unique adaptive earning rate, it's missing a couple of the key benefits that are included with the World of Hyatt Credit Card. The World of Hyatt Credit Card offers cardmembers one free hotel night per year and five complimentary World of Hyatt elite nights annually. It also offers its members the same automatic Discoverist status as the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card's earning rate and sign-up bonus are slightly lower than the business card’s, but it only charges a $95 annual fee, compared with the $199 the business card charges.
- Earning rate: Earn up to 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- Sign-up bonus: Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points - Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent.
- Annual fee: $95
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card vs. Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Verdict: A better option for small business owners who don't want to be locked into a single hotel brand
Though the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card doesn't come with any Hyatt-specific perks, it allows business owners to earn valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards® points, which can then be transferred to World of Hyatt at a valuable rate. The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card beats out the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card with its enormous sign-up bonus: Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
It also only charges a $95 annual fee and offers valuable business perks, like free employee cards.
- Earning rate: Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year. Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases—with no limit to the amount you can earn.
- Sign-up bonus: Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Annual fee: $95
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card vs. American Express® Business Gold Card
Verdict: A similar card with more to offer to small business owners
The American Express® Business Gold Card offers a similar rewards structure to the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. It lets cardmembers Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month* automatically, and 1X Membership Rewards® points on other eligible other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
While similar, the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card ultimately offers more points in more spending categories and more safety features, insurance protections and overall perks.
- Earning rate: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month*
- Welcome offer: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
- Annual fee: $295
- Terms apply
Should you get the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card?
Small business owners looking to attain elite status with Hyatt could certainly benefit from this card. In order to determine whether this is the right business card for you, however, you should consider your business's needs and spending habits, and whether or not you'd benefit more from a card with more flexible rewards.
Business credit cards that are not co-branded, but will still allow you to redeem your rewards with Hyatt, may be the better option for consumers who don't want to be tied down to a single brand.
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card FAQs
What status do you get with a Hyatt credit card?
Both the World of Hyatt Credit Card and the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card grant members automatic Discoverist status when you sign up for the card.
What is the fastest way to get Hyatt status?
The fastest way to get Hyatt status is by signing up for a credit card that grants automatic status to cardholders. For example, both the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card and the World of Hyatt Credit Card give their members complimentary Discoverist status.
What are World of Hyatt Bonus points?
World of Hyatt Bonus Points are the points you earn as a member of the World of Hyatt program. These points can be used to pay for your Hyatt hotel stays and receive perks like room upgrades, car rentals, spa treatments and more.
The information related to American Express® Business Gold Card has been independently collected by ValuePenguin and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication. Terms apply to American Express credit card offers. See americanexpress.com for more information.