The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase is an excellent choice for travelers who love Southwest Airlines. New cardholders can Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, cardholders receive an additional 6,000 points every year when they pay the $99 annual fee to renew the card. The card earns Earn 3X points on Southwest® purchases. Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare. Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
In this article, we'll share tips to help you access your Southwest Rapid Rewards account, tips to pay your credit card and more.
Logging in to your Southwest credit card account
- Go to the Chase homepage.
- Enter your username and password in the "Welcome" box.
- Check the "Remember me" box if you want to save your username in the browser.
- Click on the "Sign in" button.
Did you forget your Southwest username or password?
When you cannot remember your Southwest credit card login username or password, Chase makes it simple to receive those details online. Under the "Sign in" button on the Chase homepage is a link that allows you to receive your username or reset your password. Click on "Forgot username/password" to start the process.
To verify your identity, Chase customers must provide their Social Security number and credit card number. After clicking "Next," the Chase website will return your online banking username.
If you remember your password, select "I know my password" and click next. If not, select "Create a password", click next and create a new password.
You may also call the toll-free number on the back of your credit card or the general Chase help and technical support hotline at 800-935-9935 for help with your Southwest Airlines credit card login.
How to make a payment on a Southwest credit card
There are two primary ways to make a Southwest credit card payment:
- Make a one-time payment through Chase. A Southwest card payment can be made through the Chase website, Chase mobile app or by calling customer service. To make your payment, you'll select the amount of your payment, the payment date and the source of your payment.
- Establish an automated payment through Chase. Setting up an automatic Southwest credit card payment ensures that you'll never miss a payment or be charged a late fee. You can choose to pay the minimum due, the statement balance or a fixed amount each month on the due date.
Only one online payment may be scheduled for each day of the billing cycle. If you need to make additional payments for the same day, call customer service to create those payments. Customers may also make payments by mailing a check or money order, using Western Union or by visiting a Chase branch.
Contact Chase customer service
To reach Chase customer service, the best option is to call the number on the back of your Southwest credit card. This number goes directly to customer service agents who specialize in your account. If you don't have your card in front of you, call 800-935-9935 to be directed to the appropriate department.
Here are some other important phone numbers for Chase customers:
|Customer Help and technical support||800-935-9935|
|Automated Phone Service||800-436-7958|
|Apply for a Credit Card & Check your Application status||800-432-3117|
|Lost or Stolen Credit Card||800-432-3117|
|Bilingual Spanish Hotline||877-312-4273|
Other ways to contact Chase customer service
To make payments by regular mail, send to:
P.O. Box 6294
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6294
For overnight mail, send payments to:
Chase Card Services
201 N. Walnut Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
For general correspondence, mail to:
P.O. Box 15298
Wilmington, DE 19850-5298
To contact Chase electronically, send a secure message through its website or mobile app.
Opening a Southwest credit card account
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- New Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- 6,000 anniversary points each year.
- Earn 3X points on Southwest® purchases.
- Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
- Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
- 2 EarlyBird Check-In® each year.
- All points earned count towards Companion Pass®.
- No foreign transaction fees.
You can open a new Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card by visiting Chase.com.
The application page requests the following personal information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Southwest Rapid Rewards number (optional)
- Social Security number
- Type of residence
- Mother's maiden name
- Total annual income
- Primary source of income
You'll also be asked:
- Is any portion of your total gross annual income non-taxable? Yes or no.
- Statement and communication delivery preference of online-only or by mail.
Authorized users may be added during the application process. If you choose to do so, provide their name, date of birth and address.
Who is eligible to apply for a Southwest credit card?
Because Southwest cards are issued by Chase, they're subject to Chase's 5/24 rule. If you've opened five or more credit cards in the last 24 months — from any issuer — you won't qualify for a Southwest card.
Finally, this 24-month rule applies to the sign-up bonus as well. If you've received a sign-up bonus from another personal Southwest card in the last 24 months, you won't be eligible for the bonus points. However, this rule does not apply to Southwest business cards.
This page also includes disclosures, pricing and terms of the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card to review before submitting your application.