Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
Marriott is now offering one of the best welcome bonuses we’ve seen: New cardmembers can earn up to 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points for a limited time only. Both the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card and Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card have significantly raised their sign-up bonuses for a limited time. Each card differs in benefits and fees, so be sure to read on.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card bonus
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card has the higher of the two sign-up bonuses — Earn 3 Free Nights after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening + 10X total points per $1 spent on up to $2,500 in combined purchases at gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores within 6 months from account opening with the Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM Credit Card! Depending on the hotel category and the time you book it, this sign-up bonus can result in a diverse range of redemptions. You can enjoy up to 16 nights at a Category 1 property, four nights at a Category 4 property, two nights at a Category 6 property or one night at a Category 8 property. Therefore, this introductory offer can be worth hundreds of dollars, depending on the property you book.
The card comes with plenty of benefits outside of the sign-up bonus with a reasonable $95 annual fee.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card benefits
- Earn up to 17X total points for every $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ and 2X points on all other purchases.
- 1 free night award every year after your account anniversary, valid for a redemption value up to 35,000 points
- Automatic Silver Elite benefits, with the ability to earn Gold Elite Status
- 15 Elite night credits each calendar year
- Free premium Wi-Fi when staying at Marriott properties
Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card bonus
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card is a step down from the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card but still packs a punch. The card is currently offering the following: Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $1,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening with the Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Credit Card!
The Marriott Bonvoy points you earn can be used at any brand within the Marriott family of hotels. And the best part is you can earn Marriott Bonvoy points by spending on the card without incurring an annual fee.
Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card benefits
- Earn up to 14X total points for every $1 spent at 7,000+ hotels participating in Marriott BonvoyTM and 2X points on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains).
- 1 Bonvoy point per dollar on all other purchases
- 15 Elite night credits each calendar year, qualifying you for Silver Elite status
- $0 annual fee
How many Marriott Bonvoy points do you need for a free night?
Marriott uses an award chart system, meaning that each hotel has fixed prices when purchasing a room using Marriott Bonvoy points. There are three different prices for each category, based on room demand of the hotel (off-peak, standard or peak). In addition, each tier indicates the level of luxury of a property.
How to take advantage of this exclusive offer
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card welcome bonus will be as good as your redemptions will be. With the ability to redeem your Marriott Bonvoy points for up to an off-peak Category 8 property, we preview a few properties where you can make the most of your rewards:
The St. Regis New York
The St. Regis New York is a historic gem, offering ultimate luxury in Manhattan. This is a Category 8 property, so you'll have to stay here on off-peak dates to lock in the redemption rate of 63,000 Marriott Bonvoy points. With rates starting at over $800 per night, you’re maximizing your welcome bonus by staying in such a property.
AC Hotel Maui Wailea
The AC Hotel at Maui Wailea is one of Hawaii's newest resorts, opening in February 2021. This is a Category 6 property, so you’re eligible to book with 36,000-60,000 points depending on the date. Its cash price is almost $500 per night, so you’re getting an excellent deal with your welcome bonus.
London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
The London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale is situated by tons of iconic attractions. This is a Category 5 property, giving you plenty of opportunities to book with your free night awards. For over $200 per night, you can redeem your welcome offer for this hotel, even during peak dates.
Who’s eligible to receive this welcome bonus?
Since Chase issues both Marriott cards, they’re subject to the 5/24 rule. Therefore, if you’ve opened more than five credit cards in the last 24 months, you’re ineligible to apply for either card.
Additionally, you won’t qualify for the sign-up bonus if you fall under the following conditions:
- You’re a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days of the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express).
- You’re a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months.
- If you’ve applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
With such a high sign-up bonus (but a reasonable annual fee of $95 per year), this offer is hard to pass up. Depending on how you redeem your points, you’re looking at hundreds of dollars in value. If you don’t think you can meet the spending minimum with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card is still an option to consider. With $0 annual fee but an abundant number of perks, you’re guaranteed to gain tons of value from the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.