Editorial note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
As hotels continue to struggle amid the COVID-19 pandemic, they are offering incentives for loyalty program members to continue utilizing their rewards, along with earning more rewards.
Hyatt has announced three new offers for World of Hyatt members to save points on future stays, as well as opportunities to earn more points on dining.
Free nights on sale
From July 8 through Oct. 8 2020, all World of Hyatt members have the opportunity to receive 15% of their redeemed points back as bonus points when they redeem points for free night stays and more. Plus, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card members can receive an additional 10% of their redeemed points back, for a total bonus of 25%.
Once you redeem the offer, you should expect your points to be deposited six to eight weeks after they are used.
Free parking for all World of Hyatt members
Free parking will be provided for all World of Hyatt members on stays from July 8 through Oct. 8, 2020. Hyatt Globalists – who already qualify for free parking as a benefit of their status – will also receive free parking on eligible paid stays during the promotion period. This promotion is only available at hotel locations where parking can be charged to the hotel.
Earn up to 5X points for dining out
Hyatt is also offering dining rewards as a part of the promotion, as an incentive for cardholders who currently can't travel. All World of Hyatt members can earn triple Hyatt points on eligible spend on dine-in, takeout or delivery at Hyatt hotels and resorts. Since The World Of Hyatt Credit Card members already earn 2X points on restaurant purchases, they can earn a total of 5X points for marking a purchase from an eligible Hyatt restaurant. The promotion, which runs from July 8 to Oct. 8, 2020, is only valid when not staying the night at a Hyatt property.
Earn up to 50,000 Hyatt points
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
15.99% - 22.99% Variable
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total within 6 months of account opening.
- Free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status and 5 qualifying night credits every year as long as your account is open
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
In addition to elite qualifying nights, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card members have the opportunity to earn up to 50,000 points in their first year:
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card also comes with other great perks, including the ability to earn valuable Hyatt points at a fast rate:
- Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member.
- 1 free night annually at any Category 1-4 property each year after your cardmember anniversary.
- An additional free night at any Category 1-4 property if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year.
- Travel insurance coverage including: trip cancellation/interruption insurance, lost luggage reimbursement and baggage delay insurance.
All of these benefits come at a modest $95 annual fee, making it one of the best options for a hotel credit card. And with the current promotion, consumers with a lot of spending can earn loads of Hyatt points and elevated Hyatt status.
How many points do you need for a free night at Hyatt?
Hyatt Hotels start at a modest 5,000 points for their Category 1 properties for a standard room. In 2021, this will decrease to 3,500 points as Hyatt introduces off-peak and peak pricing, meaning 50,000 points will get you up to 14 hotel nights. Here is the current Hyatt award chart:
|Hotel category||Standard room points per night||Regency/Grand Club points per night||Standard suite points per night||Premium Suite points per night|
|8||40,000||50,000 (effective 2021)||61,000 (effective 2021)||80,000 (effective 2021)|
Who is eligible for this offer?
Both current and new cardholders are eligible for these promotions, including those who hold the discontinued The Hyatt Credit Card.
Chase 5/24 Rule
Cardholders who have applied for too many cards recently may also be ineligible for the offer, due to the Chase 5/24 rule.
The Chase 5/24 rule excludes you from being approved for any Chase credit cards if you have had five credit card approvals from any card issuer in the last 24 months. The rule, which is not publicly advertised by Chase, discourages consumers from signing up for a credit card to earn promotional benefits, and then canceling the card.
Also, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card product is not available to previous cardholders of any Hyatt credit card who received a sign-up bonus within the last 24 months.
Should you apply for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card now?
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is an excellent option for someone who wants to travel luxuriously and get a great value for their spending. While Hyatt has a smaller portfolio than Hilton or Marriott, Hyatt does have over 900 properties in over 65 countries, giving consumers plenty of options to use their points and status. If you are under the Chase 5/24 rule and have significant upcoming expenses, pairing The World Of Hyatt Credit Card with this promotion could be a great combination to earn heaps of Hyatt points toward an award night or two.