As hotels continue to struggle amid the coronavirus outbreak, they are offering incentives for card members to continue spending on their hotel credit cards. The latest promotion from Hyatt allows you to earn elite status faster through spending on The World Of Hyatt Credit Card.
Hyatt has announced that between April 15 and June 30, new and current card members can earn additional tier-qualifying night credits toward Hyatt elite status. New holders of The World Of Hyatt Credit Card also have the chance to earn up to 50,000 bonus points.
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card bonus night credits promotion
Cardholders who apply for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card between April 15 and June 30 will receive 10 night credits toward elite status. This includes the five night credits already received as a new card member, plus five additional night credits. This automatically qualifies you for Discoverist status.
Also, new and existing card members will have the chance to earn additional night credits by spending on a Hyatt credit card:
- The World Of Hyatt Credit Card members can earn three tier-qualifying night credits for every $5,000 spent on their card. That includes the two nights card members can already earn, plus one bonus night credit.
- The Hyatt Credit Card members can earn two tier-qualifying night credits for every $5,000 on their card.
To earn Hyatt elite status, there are three qualifying categories: nights stayed, base points earned, or meetings/events hosted. If you meet the designated threshold for one of these three categories, you will earn the respective status level below.
|Membership level||Nights||Base points||Meetings/events|
Each of the promotions above have no limit, so you can earn as many qualifying night credits as possible. The more nights you earn, the higher status level you can earn.
What benefits do you get with Hyatt elite status?
Elite status with Hyatt means higher point earnings and special hotel benefits. With the automatic upgrade to Discoverist status, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card members will enjoy early check-in, late checkout and complimentary breakfast at Hyatt hotels, among many other perks. And, they'll be one-third of the way to Explorist status, which offers even better point earnings and free room upgrades.
|Points earning||5 base points per eligible $1 USD spent + 10% bonus on eligible purchases||5 base points per eligible $1 USD spent + 20% bonus on eligible purchases||5 base points per eligible $1 USD spent + 30% bonus on eligible purchases|
|Resort fees||Waived on free night awards||Waived on free night awards||Waived on free night awards + eligible rates|
|Exhale benefits||10 base points per eligible $1 USD spent||10 base points per eligible $1 USD spent, plus a week of Wellbeing||10 base points per eligible $1 USD spent, plus a week of Wellbeing and complimentary classes when paying an eligible rate at any Hyatt property|
|SLH benefits||Complimentary continental breakfast for two, complimentary Wi-Fi, early check-in, late checkout and one category room upgrade|
|Room upgrades (as available at some locations)||Preferred room within type booked based||Upgrades exclude suites and rooms with club lounge access||Includes standard suites|
|Late checkout||2:00 p.m.||2:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.|
|Guest of Honor||No||No||Yes|
Earn up to 50,000 Hyatt points
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
15.99% - 22.99% Variable
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total within 6 months of account opening.
- Free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status and 5 qualifying night credits every year as long as your account is open
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
In addition to elite qualifying nights, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card members have the opportunity to earn up to 50,000 points in their first year:
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card also comes with other great perks, including the ability to earn valuable Hyatt points at a fast rate:
- Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 1 free night annually at any Category 1-4 property each year after your card member anniversary.
- An additional free night at any Category 1-4 property if you spend $15,000 during your card member anniversary year.
- Travel insurance coverage including: trip cancellation/interruption insurance, lost luggage reimbursement and baggage delay insurance.
All of these benefits come at a modest $95 annual fee, making it one of the best options for a hotel credit card. And with the current promotion, consumers with a lot of spending can earn loads of Hyatt points and elevated Hyatt status.
How many points do you need for a free night at Hyatt?
Hyatt Hotels start at a modest 5,000 points for their Category 1 properties for a standard room. In 2021, this will decrease to 3,500 points as Hyatt introduces off-peak and peak pricing, meaning 50,000 points will get you up to 14 hotel nights. Here is the current Hyatt award chart:
|Hotel category||Standard room points per night||Regency/Grand Club points per night||Standard suite points per night||Premium Suite points per night|
|8||40,000||50,000 (effective 2021)||61,000 (effective 2021)||80,000 (effective 2021)|
Who is eligible for this offer?
Both current and new cardholders are eligible for these promotions, including those who hold the discontinued The Hyatt Credit Card.
Chase 5/24 Rule
Cardholders who have applied for too many cards recently may also be ineligible for the offer, due to the Chase 5/24 rule.
The Chase 5/24 rule excludes you from being approved for any Chase credit cards if you have had five credit card approvals from any card issuer in the last 24 months. The rule, which is not publicly advertised by Chase, discourages consumers from signing up for a credit card to earn promotional benefits, and then canceling the card.
Also, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card product is not available to previous cardholders of any Hyatt credit card who received a sign-up bonus within the last 24 months.
Should you apply for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card now?
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is an excellent option for someone who wants to travel luxuriously and get a great value for their spending. While Hyatt has a smaller portfolio than Hilton or Marriott, Hyatt does have over 900 properties in over 65 countries, giving consumers plenty of options to use their points and status. If you are under the Chase 5/24 rule and have significant upcoming expenses, pairing The World Of Hyatt Credit Card with this promotion could be a great combination to earn heaps of Hyatt points and valuable hotel status.