Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more. Citi is an advertising partner.
Whether you need a ride to the office or the airport, chances are you've used Uber. As a popular rideshare app, Uber connects drivers to riders on their user-friendly platform. In many cities worldwide, you can even use Uber Eats to order food delivery.
While you can earn points and even achieve elite status through Uber's rewards program, owning one of the best Uber credit cards can help you double-dip your rewards. We've selected the top five cards that reward you for your Uber and Uber Eats purchases, redeemable for cash back or travel bookings.
Compare the best credit cards for Uber of 2022
|Best overall and Uber Eats||
American Express® Gold Card
|60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.||660 - 850||$250 See Rates & Fees.|
The Platinum Card® from American Express
|Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.||660 - 850||$695 See Rates & Fees.|
|Premium card for Uber||
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
|Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®||720 - 850||$550|
View more cards
Credit Score Needed
Best credit card for Uber and Uber Eats
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® Points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- Updated $120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express® Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
- Choose the color that suits your style. Gold or Rose Gold.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
The American Express® Gold Card just might be the ultimate pick for foodies, thanks to its tremendous rewards rate: Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X), and 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com. Terms apply. If you frequently order from Uber Eats, you'll earn a whopping 4% back on all of your purchases. You'll also receive up to a $10 credit each month (for up to $120 annually) for several restaurants and delivery services: Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar, and participating Shake Shack locations (enrollment required).
While Uber rides will only earn 1% back, the American Express® Gold Card comes with up to $10 in Uber Cash each month, or up to $120 per year. Once you add your card as a payment method on your Uber app, Uber Cash will automatically be applied for U.S. Uber rides or U.S. Uber Eats orders. Even though this card comes with a $250 annual fee, the yearly dining and Uber Cash benefits are just some of the many benefits that you'll enjoy.
Best credit card for Uber and luxury
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. And if you fly, you can receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year after you select a qualifying airline and incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $189 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $189 back per year on your CLEAR® membership. CLEAR® is available at select airports and stadiums.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
The Platinum Card® from American Express could be the best luxury travel card for your Uber rides. You'll receive up to $15 in Uber Cash every month and a $20 bonus credit in December — for a total of up to $200 annually — redeemable for U.S. Uber rides or U.S. Uber Eats orders. The Uber Cash will automatically be credited to your account when you add The Platinum Card® from American Express to your Uber app as a payment method. In eligible cities, you'll even earn automatic Uber VIP status, matching you to top-rated drivers and enhancing your overall ride experience.
Although there's a $695 annual fee, the annual $200 Uber Cash benefit is just one of many luxury amenities that come with this card. You'll have access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection, up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck and complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold and Hilton Honors Gold elite status levels (enrollment required). If you travel frequently, you could take advantage of the extensive perks offered by this card.
While you'll only earn 1X points on Uber rides and Uber purchases, the monthly Uber Cash credit can be an excellent way to save money each month.
Best premium credit card for Uber
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year.
- Earn 5x total points on air travel and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself BackSM, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit every four years for Global Entry, NEXUS, or TSA PreCheck®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is a premium travel card that's useful for Uber. Although there's a $550 annual fee, you'll receive a $300 travel credit each year — automatically applied for flights, hotels and even Uber rides. This card offers rewards on both Uber rides and Uber purchases, as you'll earn 5x points on flights and 10x points on hotels and car rentals through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
Best credit card for Uber and business
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year. Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account
If you're a small business owner with an Uber for Business account, we highly recommend the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card. You'll have the chance to Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year. Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases—with no limit to the amount you can earn.
Uber rides count as travel purchases and will earn 3% cash back. Like the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program — one of the best rewards programs, as you'll enjoy maximum flexibility with cash back, travel, gift cards and plenty of other redemption choices.
For some, Uber may be an everyday service. Between Uber rides and Uber Eats orders, there are plenty of ways to maximize these purchases by owning the right credit card. Whether you're looking for Uber Cash credit or just an elevated rewards rate on Uber purchases, you won't want to miss out on these opportunities to save money.
Uber credit card FAQs
How do you change a credit card on Uber?
On your Uber or Uber Eats app, visit the "Wallet" tab on the menu. Here, you can add or delete payment methods. If you're calling an Uber ride or making an Uber Eats order, you can select the desired credit card to pay with at checkout.
Does Uber only accept credit cards?
No. Uber accepts credit and debit cards, PayPal, Venmo, digital wallets and Uber gift cards as acceptable forms of payment. In select areas, you may be able to use cash if this option is available to you at checkout, allowing you to pay cash directly to your driver.
How do you delete a credit card from Uber?
To delete a credit card or any other payment method on Uber, visit the app and select "Wallet" on the menu. Click on the card and press "remove payment method."
Does Uber accept prepaid cards?
It depends on the prepaid card. If you're unable to add a prepaid card to your Uber wallet, you will have to use another payment method at checkout.
Can you add a second credit card to Uber?
Yes. You can add multiple payment methods on the wallet section of the Uber app.
Is it safe to give Uber my credit card?
Yes. Once you enter your card information on Uber, your data is encrypted. You can only see the last four digits of your card number on the app.
What kinds of credit cards does Uber take?
Uber takes all credit cards as an acceptable payment method.
Do I need a credit card for Uber Eats?
No. Like on the Uber app for rides, you can add many types of payment methods on your Uber Eats wallet, including debit cards, Venmo and more.
What happened to the Uber Visa Card?
The Uber Visa Card is no longer available to applicants.
To make choosing the right card easier, we've looked at credit cards reviewed on ValuePenguin as well as cards on major issuer sites to compile a list of the best rewards credit cards available right now. Our recommendations are based on the additional value you can earn with the cards — including the rewards value, cost of ownership and value of benefits such as travel and purchase protections, lounge membership and airline companion passes. Our choices are not influenced by our advertisers. Learn more on how we calculate rewards.
The information related to Uber Visa Card has been independently collected by ValuePenguin and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication. Terms apply to American Express credit card offers. See americanexpress.com for more information.