There are many things about Donald Trump that are not lacking: his hair, his confidence and his influence, to name a few. There is also no shortage of information about the real estate mogul-turned-multimedia entertainer-turned-Republican presidential candidate. So where to start? When we ventured into encapsulating Trump's candidacy during this ever-lasting election cycle, we decided to focus on perhaps his two most Trumpian traits: his sheer wealth (which sometimes causes debate) and his blunt talk (which almost always does). We compiled his most telling quotes, combed through media reports and checked his campaign-issued "Net Worth Summary" and Federal Election Commission-released financial disclosure report. Our exhaustive process was only the start. The research still needed to be visualized.
Designed by Trinh Pham
The cutting-room floor:
- Trump fired 216 people on "The Apprentice" franchise.
- There are 288 Trump Organization employees on Linkedin; seven of them attended New York University.
- Of his 33 real estate agents listed on his company websites, 24 are women.
- His fragrances are called “Success” and “Empire.”
- He was voted his high school class’s “Ladies Man.”
- He was drafted but received medical deferment from the Vietnam War because of bone spurs in his heels.
- He asked out Candice Bergen when they were classmates at Penn, but she turned him down.
- He has not released his college transcripts.
- He used to drink a gallon of Diet Coke per day.
- He does not consume alcohol.
- The sporting world supports him: Tom Brady, Mike Ditka and Bobby Knight have endorsed his candidacy.
- He has more Facebook likes and Instagram followers than any presidential candidate.
- Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton has about 30,000 more Twitter followers.